
It's official, nursing school is OVER!!! I'm excited and scared all at the same time. I think I might be going crazy. My tear ducts are working overtime as I think back on these past two years. I have finished the hardest thing I've ever done...now what? It's still pretty surreal at this point but at this time tomorrow, it will be for real. I'm getting pinned tomorrow. Wow, that's shocking but awesome and scary. I know that I will be bawling my eyes out for the whole thing, it's super emotional. The hubs and I were talking about it earlier and I started crying...so I told him we had to talk about something else.
Even as I sit here writing this, I keep tearing up. These are a combination of happy and sad tears. A chapter of my life is ending and a new one is beginning. And I thought nursing school put me on overload...but this, this is something new. Tomorrow, I will stand there with my classmates as we graduate from nursing school. It's amazing and I still don't really believe it. I took my last final today and that didn't even seem real. I realized, after I left the parking lot, that it was the last time I would ever be there. It made me sad and excited at the same time. I'm not finished with my education by far but I have taken a huge step and it keeps hitting me over and over.
In a little over a month, I have to take the mother of all tests. I will be taking the NCLEX-RN which is the national test for nurses. Then I'll be an RN for real. Right now, I'm a graduate nurse even though I can't practice as one until next month...which sucks but hey, it is what it is and there's nothing I can do about it. As I sit here thinking about that test, my throat gets a little tight, once I take that test, it's as real as it can possibly get...and I'm not sure that I'm ready. I mean, intellectually, I know that I am but it's just scary as hell. Once I take that test, I am responsible for people's lives...and that's a huge responsibility. I take that very seriously which makes it even scarier.
So there it is, I finished school. I'm going to be able to work as a nurse in a month. Then I take the mother of all tests and I'll be a real nurse...it's crazy, but worth it!




5 comments:
Congrats!
Congrats! I know you'll do great on your tests!
Exciting!! Congrats on your schooling being over and all the best as the next chapter unfolds :)
Such hard work but an awesome pay off! Congrats!
I am so proud of you! Wow! I'm so glad you stuck with it. You rock, Sarah!
Post a Comment